May 21, 2015

EVERY STEP COUNTS...


Get off the scale! I have yet to see a scale that can tell you how enchanting your eyes are. I have yet to see a scale that can show you how wonderful your hair looks when the sun shines its glorious rays on it. I have yet to see a scale that can thank you for your compassion, sense of humor, and contagious smile. Get off the scale because I have yet to see one that can admire you for your perseverance when challenged in life. ― Steve MaraboliLife, the Truth, and Being Free
It boils down to how badly do you want it?
I began my journey of change a year ago.
The first year of my journey was purely miraculous. All i did was say a prayer.
A few blurred lines full of open honesty and sheer desperation for change.
"Dear Lord,
Help me lose the extra weight. I have done everything in my power to lose the weight.
I have been on diets, i joined that very expensive gym and the swim club. I never missed a workout unless it rained heavily.  Lord, you know i have done my best. I cannot go beyond this point without your help.
Help me lose the extra weight.
I watched the video on youtube of a prophet prophecing weightloss and instatntly people lost the weight in the auditorium. Tonight i am calling on that God who was in that auditorium that night. HELP ME!"
God came through for me.
I did not diet neither did i excercise. I would go to sleep and wake up smaller/lighter.
During the year 2014 i lost a whooping 16 Kgs or 32 pounds on nothing but the faithfulness of God.
My colleagues at work and my family and church family can testify on my behalf. It happened right before their eyes and mine too :)

January this year, i wanted a six pack. I became bolder with my prayers. I asked the Lord for a six pack. The response was not what i hoped for.
"Irene, it is not my responsibility to keep you fit."
I could no longer ride on that miracle cloud. It was upon me to do part. Clearly God had fulfilled his end of the bargain. #FaithfulGod
After taking the step of faith, i had to take the next step running or jogging or skipping.
I took up exercising and healthy eating. I traded sodas for smoothies, water and herbal teas.
I started jumping rope and T25ing every morning.
It's been five months and i can count the number of workouts missed, My wonderful readers it has payed off :)

May 2013 vs May 2015
 LESSONS LEARNT.

1. Miracles still happen today. Believe
2. God IS THE SAME GOD.
3. You have to want it so badly, that nothing is too difficult, no sacrifice is too big.
4. Start from SOMEWHERE .... ANYWHERE
5. Your journey is your journey, Stay on your lane.
6. Focus on the bigger picture.
7. It will not be easy, but it gets better. Just keep going.
8. GET OFF THE SCALE!! My wardrobe became my new scale.
9. TAKE THE STEP OF FAITH
10. TAKE THE STEP ON THE TREADMILL.
11. DO IT FOR THE AFTER PHOTO :)



No comments:

Post a Comment