April 15, 2016

I CHOSE JOY


Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” - Nehemiah 8:10

On the morning of my birthday I have a ritual where i get up to pray at midnight.
I say my prayers and ask God for ONLY one thing. This year i chose joy. We learnt at church that there is a difference between joy and happiness.
Happiness - is dependent on our current circumstances or situations. It is temporary.
Joy - is not a respecter of the current circumstance or situation. It comes from within and is from the Lord. It is permanent.

I chose joy because ...
I wanted to laugh again,
I wanted to keep smiling no matter what i was going through, i wanted a complete change of attitude towards living & life
I wanted a brand new beginning...

The best things in life are indeed free. We run around looking for happiness in our jobs, our bank accounts, our social media pages, our friends. we forget happiness is temporary. Chose joy because it comes from God and it strengthens us from the inside out.

Peps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment