April 17, 2014

THE PASSION OF CHRIST


“Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song.”
John Paul II
For years the true meaning of Easter never dawned on me.
I celebrated what i was taught to celebrate. The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Which in essence had no personal significance to me, except through what i was taught/ programmed to believe in.Sometime last year curiosity got the best of me, i started asking questions, grilling the Lord day and night to show me what the big deal about Jesus dying on the cross was all about? 

I watched The Passion Of Christ EVERYDAY! I wanted to know why they whip him? Why did he accept such a punishment? Why did they nail him here and not there? Why should this be important to me? -- Questions! Questions!
Well, finally i got my answer! It was such a a heavy-duty response that i almost missed it.
But, Isaiah 53:4-5 Sums it perfectly!
So, this year its not just EASTER! I will be celebrating The Passion of Christ Jesus! His love for me.. for you.. forgiveness of sins and the victory over death.

 

Isaiah 53:4-5 

Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. 

 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; 

 
 ;the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.


“Remember Jesus of Nazareth, staggering on broken feet out of the tomb toward the Resurrection, bearing on his body the proud insignia of the defeat which is victory, the magnificent defeat of the human soul at the hands of God.” ― Frederick Buechner, The Magnificent Defeat 



HAPPY EASTER!





 

1 comment:

  1. thank you for that post,have a blessed and holy spirit filled easter

    ReplyDelete