November 27, 2015

LETS TALK ABOUT ... BOOKS


“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.” ― Groucho Marx


 I love books. I love reading just as much as the next professor.
I am also a very picky reader. I never pick any book just because its a book unless it's a book by an African author :)
I gravitate more towards African writers. There is so much culture and history to go round.
I think of books as a way of travelling without ever leaving your environment.
Lately i have become an e-book reader. Top three reasons i got a smart phone in that order,
1. E-book Reader
2. Farm Heroes Saga
3. Pinterest & Instagram.
E-books have made it so much easier for me to pack hundreds of books in one device,flip them like am flipping a real book and enjoy my experience. In the last five months i have read well over 8 books. That's oky-ish.
*i don't know where i was going with this...*
In my course of book reading i have come across a new classification of book(s) 

THE OVER-CROWDED BOOK(S)
The kind of book where the writer packs way too many characters in a book, makes you feel like you are walking through the streets of Nairobi on a Friday evening. crowded!! Even worse the writer intends to squeeze in each character's story in those few chapters. Seriously???
The end result is a very confusing experience.

peps.


No comments:

Post a Comment