April 10, 2013

{ INDIA.


“It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.”
Oscar Wilde
 I have a LOVE-HATE relationship with India!! I have ALWAYS wanted to visit India!.. it must be culture that hypnotizes me every-sigle-time.
The people...The Food..The Fashion..The MOVIES (i watch BOLLYWOOD proudly!) ... hahahaha.
Then again..the heat ..congested cities.. just makes me go yuuuurgh
But that's the beauty of an adventure!! It doesn't have to suite you.. just go with it!!
So, i packed my bags with an open mind and read INDIRA..


For the last month i have been trans-versing the cities of India (Delhi, Kashmir, ... riding the trains.. i have seen the Ganges .. climbed to the top of Himalayas and watched the sunrise, it was breathtaking!! :)
I have been to jail and walked the halls of justice.. I have participated in demonstrations and hunger strikes.
I have witnessed revolutions against the colonialists.. i have attended weddings and birthday parties.. I have lived in the homes of the aristocrats.. I have been to England and back to India.. Switzerland and back home again.. I lived and dined with the Nehru's . I have sat so close to Mohandas Gandhi, and listened to him impart knowledge.
My adventure has just began!!



No comments:

Post a Comment