April 7, 2014

GOD SPOKE


In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:1
English Standard Version (ESV)
By Henry Lee Battle



i didn't expect to hear from God so soon...
as i got down on my knees and prayed with a mixture of both common words and the tongues of the heavens,
casting my burdens upon HIM.
As the man of God took the pulpit that Sunday morning,
speaking words uncommon in his Sunday suit,
God spoke.
He spoke of how he had delivered me.
Of how i should not get down on my knees and in his name speak of that situation again, for it was done.
Of how he had stirred my bitter waters and now nothing but sweet springs flow through my city set upon the hill.
The Lord had spoken.
He had called my situation by name and birth date.
How i could i not respond?
And yet i did not!
I did not acknowledge it was i.
I did not respond when the man of God asked us to stand up for the laying of hands.
For the deliverance over that situation.
How could distress feel so familiar?.. so friendly? .. so right?


No comments:

Post a Comment