April 1, 2014

HAPPY NEW MONTH!


 “April hath put a spirit of youth in everything. (Sonnet XCVIII)”
William Shakespeare
April brings together all my favorite things:
My Birthday, Jazz, Rains, Poetry, Easter, Spring..
It's my Birth Month, Jazz Appreciation Month, National Poetry Month, Easter Celebrations, Soothing April showers and the start of spring :)
As  i turn a year older, i am doing things different this year. Rather than doing an inventory of what i have not achieved in the past year, i am celebrating the present: Where i am right now.
Dear April this year,
Not otherwise,Than April of a year ago,
I have patiently awaited your arrival,
A symbol that a brand new chapter has began,
May i blush in the noon-day sun and the evening rains,
May serenity be my God given portion,
May my aroma of success permeate through the right vents,
Leaving behing a scent of gratitude and love,
May i shine, radiate, reflect the beauty of the God in me ..
A symbol that he has blessed me with good things... Family, Friends, A spiritual Father :)) April this year ... I am glad you are here.





1 comment: