May 28, 2014

UNTITLED.


“Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here. Make. Good. Art.” ~Neil Gaiman
painting by Garibaldi
I want to make the MOST interesting, amazing, glorious and fantastic mistake(s) someday.
In the face of making such a mistake, i hope to have so much fun.
When i was much younger, i always imagined that one day i would get to live in Philadelphia.
Ride the bus on the corner of 18th Street everyday to work.
My dream job *then* was to bust tables in restaurants as i learn how to prepare fabulous meals by day and hang out at spoken word poetry clubs by night.
I hoped to learn the guitar, from a young Philly soul-brotha, with a clean shaven head and a nappy beard.
I must admit, i still think about my Philly dream quite often.

Marion and Sharon are friends of mine, who have beyond the shadow of a doubt truly inspired me.
They both quit their 9 to 5 to follow through with their passions. le sigh.
I admire their courage! The Courage to break away from the norm and JUST DO IT !
And the art of doing it is what they are now working towards perfecting.
Sometimes, i give myself the pep talks: If Marion did it, Sharon did it.. So can you! Just do it!
Truth is I am AFRAID! That little light of mine aint shining, its hiding under a blanket of fear and uncertainty.
Following your heart takes courage. It's a tough decision to make. but somebody's got to do it!
What do i have to lose? ------ except, EVERYTHING?!
Its a HUUUUGE transition really.
I hope someday i will finally transition:)

Meanwhile ....

No comments:

Post a Comment