May 23, 2014

SENTRIMENTAL


“Do not despise your own place and hour. Every place is under the stars, every place is the center of the world.”
John Burroughs, Studies in Nature and Literature
I wanna pinch myself.. then pinch myself again.
I am at the gorgeous Sentrim Elelmentaita Lodge in Naivasha for our annual team building.
After a twelve hour drive from Mombasa,we finally checked into this amazing hidden gem.

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE my room!
It has a balcony facing the breathtaking Lake Elementaita!
Its earthy.. and roomy ... and simple with wooden finishings. So ME!
Its feels like a sunny day tonight :) hehe.
I want a home that feels like a cosy hotel,
That i never get to checkout of,
I want an earthy, roomy, simple home,
With a breathtaking view someday :)

This morning i went by the Lake, all i could think of was how truly AWESOME God must be.
To curve the lake in the midst of all the hills in the background. How majestic is HE!
The thorn trees fit perfectly in the distant shores and the ridges add that touch of perfection. Truly GENIUS if you ask me.
I felt so small beside the Lake.
All my worries and doubts shrank, the majesty of my surroundings was big enough to drown all the negatives . Le sigh!
And the truth is God is bigger than that surrounding! So, how much more can everything disappear in his presence?! yep! FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

It's my last night. Am all packed up. Loved my stay.

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment