May 20, 2014

HI SEAS.


“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”
Mark Twain,
The Innocents Abroad/Roughing It
This week am working out of town once again. Am down at the Coast.
I must confess it has been several years since my last trip down south.
A whole lot has changed. Mombasa is no different from Nairobi in lots of ways.. traffic, matatu madness.. human traffic.
 Driving down to Mombasa without prior hotel bookings was total madness! Finding a suitable guest house took us hours of driving around viewing numerous places. #NoteToSelf

Today i visited Kilifi Town for the very first time. :* Love at first sight!
It is definitely a place i would have a second or third home. lol.
I loved the weather, the small town, the view of the yatches in the waters, the beach properties. Breathtaking!









I have learnt a couple of hard lessons since coming down here:

1. I need to travel MORE.
2. I need to travel MORE.
3. I need to travel MORE.
4. I need to travel MORE.
5. I need to travel MORE.

Seriously people, i really do need to travel and socialize much more! So much to see out here!

Meanwhile ... Back to hotel junk food and my animated movie :)




No comments:

Post a Comment