September 19, 2014

RE-BRANDING


“A makeover is the rebranding of a human being.”
Mokokoma Mokhonoana

 I have so much to write about, i do not even know where to begin!
Uuuummm, one word has constantly been ringing in my head...

makeover

[meyk-oh-ver]
noun
1.remodeling; renovation; restoration:
The old house needs a complete makeover.
2. a thorough course of beauty and cosmetic treatments:
Assistants spent four hours on the actress's makeover in preparation for the awards ceremony.
 
I am more inclined to the first definition of the word.
One of my FAVORITE local bloggers walked a mile in these shoes and she described her journey as

"Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. 
At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. 
He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. 
But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. 
What on earth is He up to? 
The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of…” by Coffee and Conversations
Am that house. Getting a do-over. It has been a process like no other. I can't even describe it.
At one point i felt so lost, i did not even know who i was anymore.
I would have those moments when i look myself in the mirror, and ask that face staring back at me "who are you?" - i felt totally lost!
I am pretty sure that was the point God was bringing down this house and putting up something new i never even thought of.
Now this new house is in need of new furniture. A colorful rug here, Ankara pillows there, fabulous curtains there, etc.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment