July 10, 2015

LETS TALK ABOUT... EMPLOYMENT Vs. ENTREPRENUERSHIP

Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.”  ― Steve Jobs
Source: Google Images

Entreprenuership is not for the faint hearted!

When you think of the risks involved in trying to bring a vision to life, the time, the cost implications, the research, the personal sacrifices, finding the right people to carry that vision forward, and greatest of all is you cannot fail yourself.
Well, truth is as an employee such thoughts don't keep me up at night. WHY? Simple. It's my boss's job. I walked into a well structured organization. All the hard work had already been done for me. All i needed to do was get my job description, a computer, a desk and voila.
Being employed seems the easy way out, but is it the safest option?

The beauty is i double as an entreprenuer. I am learning first hand what it is like to set up a well structured organization. I call it the SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS! You get knocked down more times than you can count. But the true test of an entreprenuer is how many times you rise up and still get going.
Many are the times i have been tempted to quit. Many are the occassions i have packed my equipment ready to be tossed out into the trash. There are so many of those episodes.
But i find myself back at it again, sometimes with tears streaming down my face. I give myself the pep talk - it's all a labor of love.
I would NEVER quit because i absolutely love what i do. Creating ART comes naturally to me. I don't stress. It's trully a labor of love-hate.

I have so much respect for people who have set up successful businesses and greater respect for those running empires. My little business has taken well over 7 years to set up. 5 of those precious years were spent doing research. Research is KEY!! It sets the tone for the business.

Money is everything when it comes to setting up a business. Chances are if you have NO MONEY you will probably have NO STARTUP. 

Don't despise the begining of a venture no matter how small, It may not look like what you had on the blue print but keep going. Nobody sells the perfect products. Who knew an entire company could be born from someone's little kitchen sink?

TO BE CONTINUED....















No comments:

Post a Comment