November 15, 2012

{ SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION }


Is it just me? or is the world shrinking???????
So lately, i seem to be going through my six degrees of separation! i call it my six degrees of exasperation...lol!

Wikipedia defines this as ::  the idea that everyone is on average approximately six steps away, by way of introduction, from any other person in the world, so that a chain of "a friend of a friend" statements can be made, on average, to connect any two people in six steps ::

What Wiki forgets to mention is that there is always  a constant de·nom·i·na·tor (d -n m -n t r) !!
That one person, who connects you to all these other people...right??!
My head is still spinning from a "two degree" encounter from yesterday..
I made a "new friend" -- emphasis on new. So, i joined her for a lazy afternoon-in over at her house.
We got talking and i find out she knows all of these people that I KNOW!! Plus we've totally been out together at a club once --- ALL OF US. I swore i didn't know her until now. Well, i had seen her before twice in a bus but that was the only time that i was confident i had ever seen her before.
I thought this CANNOT be possibly happening to me... Head Spin!! --- Six effing degrees of exasperation y'all!
NOT forgetting that a few months ago i had a similar encounter!!. I considered that my one degree.
I am holding onto positive thinking and considering that maybe...just maybe.. maybe.. i am Six degrees ... actually 4°53'23"N , 4°00'27"W (4 degrees, 53 minutes, and 23 seconds north of the equator and 4 degrees, no minutes and 27 seconds west of the Greenwich meridian) of separation from a totally AWESOME and AMAZING person number 7... am just saying. But Who's Counting?!!









No comments:

Post a Comment