January 16, 2013

{ MMT [Makes Me Think] !




Is it just me or is the month just flying by.
So, am back at work .... At the same time busy trying to put things together on the business front.
I didn't think i needed so many little knicks and knacks, most of which i cannot get locally so here's to buying and shipping ;) ;(

I stumbled upon an incredible website Makes Me Think. An online community where people share daily life stories that provoke deep thought and inspire positive change.

MMT Stories::

:: Today, it’s been 10 years since I told my best friend Diego that I wouldn’t be able to attend the prom with him because my family was struggling to make ends meet and couldn’t afford to buy me a ticket or a dress. Diego ended up buying me a dress and a ticket, and helping my folks out with money by helping my dad, who had been unemployed for six months, find a good job. Ten years, a marriage, and one kid later, Diego still MMT.

:: Today, I told my 18 year old grandson that nobody asked me to prom when I was in high school, so I didn’t attend. He showed up at my house this evening dressed in a tuxedo and took me as his date to his prom. MMT



:: Today, is the tenth anniversary of the night you took your own life. Mom still hates you for the way you treated her as a wife. Kyler still hates you for how you treated him as a son. I hate you because I still love you, Daddy. MMT

:: Today, I finally stopped being foolish and called an old best friend I hadn't talked to in over a year. He singlehandedly got me through one of the toughest times of my life, and in my depression I lashed out at him and dropped him from my life for selfish reasons. He answered the phone with: "Ready to pick up where we left off?" It instantly made me smile. Jason, you MMT.

:: Today I was walking down the street and saw a mom and her little boy, probably about 4-years-old. His shirt said "Society says I'm autistic, God says I'm perfect." MMT

:: Today, I was driving to a job interview when I saw a businesswoman standing next to her BMW on the side of the road. She had a flat tire. I pulled over and helped her put on the spare. When I arrived to the interview, the woman who I helped ended up being the CEO of the company. I got the job. MMT

:: Today, I know I am a horrible father when I sometimes catch myself holding him and crying and wishing he had died during birth instead of my wife, the love of my life. MMT

:: Today, my father told me, "Just go for it and give it a try! You don't have to be a professional to build a successful product. Amateurs started Google and Apple. Professionals built the Titanic." MMT


:: Today, I was looking through the Facebook remembrance groups of two people that died from my high school. The girl was sweet, smart, quiet and unpopular. She was killed by a drunk driver. The guy was inconsiderate, rude and popular. He was the drunk driver. His group has 602 members. Hers has 48. MMT

:: Today, a friend and I were waiting outside a burger diner when a middle-aged man with a shaved head and tattoos covering his arms, face and neck came up me us. He pointed to his beat up van and said that he had run out of gas and needed some money to get his family home. My friend handed him 10 dollars without hesitation. And then, out of left field, the man started crying and hurried back to his car. He brought each of his children over to thank my friend personally. MMT








No comments:

Post a Comment