May 29, 2013

FOR KEEPS


How would your life be different if…You stopped making negative judgmental assumptions about people you encounter? Let today be the day…You look for the good in everyone you meet and respect their journey. ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free


Source: Google Images
Crazy how life works.
The best people get hit with the worst of times.
The genuine hearts are the first to be used and taken for granted.
And those with sincere intentions are pushed off as too good to be true.
We have inconsistent people expecting consistency.
Liars complaining that nobody is true.
And fakes demanding loyalty.
Everybody's asking for love, but only a few are walking in it.
For me, the games got old two disappointments ago
and I refuse to cheat my future worrying about things I can't change from my past.
So today, in the present,
I offer three promises.
I'll trust you until you show me I can't.
 I'll be as consistent as your efforts inspire me to be.
And I'll honor your time with the same respect I give my own.
No games.
No gimmicks.
No guile.
If you can appreciate this, I can build with you;
If not, I have no time for you.
I've been through too much to play the same old game,
 just to keep getting the same draining results.
I want more... I deserve me!
So I'm holding out until I get it because the next time I play...
I'm playing for keeps.

- Rob Hill Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment